Thursday, October 21, 2010

A Bahston Shinah!

False Alarm! Joey is Okay! The morsels are gone. But turning our attention toward another mystery that I somehow forgot to tell you about... I woke up Monday morning to a very peculiar thing. Well, Iactually didn't wake up to it. We woke up normal and shared a pot of coffee while watching TV on the couch, as we do every morning. Nothing out of the ordinary so far. We decided to go for a run around the lake and I got up to change into my running clothes. As I pulled my sweatshirt over my head Rachel squinted at me and asked me what was wrong with my face. "What did you do? What is that?" I figured a fuzz was stuck to my face and I glided my hand across my cheeks, chin and forehead. Her squint remained. "You have a black eye". A black eye? My thoughts immediatly brought up the memory of the pepto bismol turned black tongue in Denver. Why must these weirdo things always happen to me? I didn't hit my eye or anything, did I? I walked into the bathroom to inspect this supposed "black eye". Surely it was a mistake. A smudge of dirt smeared in just the right spot to make it look like I was punched in the face. I looked into the mirror to find million dollar baby staring back at me. I don't sleep well so its common for me, especially without a tan, to have dark circles under my eyes, but this was different. I hadn't drank the night before, I didn't trip into anything, yet there it was. I had a bit of a shiner going on and I have no idea how it got there. WebMD to the rescue says maybe its sinuses. I finally realized there's a bit of a sore spot by my cheekbone, maybe I hit it in my sleep. Bottom line is I have a black eye and have no explanation for it. My coworker, Courtney, suggests that Little Joey is angry at me for trying to catch him and so he beats me while I sleep. Crazy enough, its the best explanation I can think of. -lj

1 comment:

  1. Maybe your black eye can be incorporated into a
    halloween costume. Or even better.............
    Romeo, Romeo......where for art thou Romeo?
    Why not? You both have the dialogue down pat.
    Just imagine....."Romeo and Juliet"....back for
    a second engagement!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete