Tuesday, October 19, 2010

all books end in tragedy

Ifinished my book today! I was reading East is East by my favorite fictional author, T.C Boyle. This is the fourth and a half book I've read of his (my last book was accidentally thrown out half way through) and yet each time I'm shocked when it ends tragically. You'd think I'd see it coming by now. Tuesdays with Morrie has been patiently awaiting my attention on the bookshelf and I'm excited for the things it will perhaps teach me. I'll try to keep you updated on how I'm finding the highly recommended piece. Finishing books always carries contradicting sensations. On one hand, you absolutely can't wait to find out how everything pans out in the end so you blast through the last twenty pages like Anna Nicole Smith in the reading of said spouses' last will and testament. On the other hand, once you turn that last page you have to mourn the loss of all those characters you've grown obssessed with since the first chapter. My favorite part of TC Boyle's writing his master over characterization and I always find myself pretty upset that his characters will no longer be apart of my life after I'm finished with the book. Poor Rachel is sick and I was lucky enough to get cut from work today so we could actually have a night off together. So far we've been sitting on the couch reading for an hour because I needed to blast through those last twenty pages. We went grocery shopping today. Have I told you that grocery shopping is one of our favorite things to do? Does that make us big girls? We have Sunday night off together and we hope she's feeling better so we can go on a haunted hay ride, which I'm totally psyched about. Whats more fun than pretending you're totally not scared infront of a pretty girl? The answer is pretending your totally not scared infront of a pretty girl when she's completely terrified. I hope she feels better. -lj

No comments:

Post a Comment