Wednesday, September 08, 2010

ya know what...

Ya know what I won't ever get tired of? That person in the subway, or in this case the T, that is talking out-loud to no one in particular yet everyone can hear him. He doesn't care if you are listening, nor probably cares if anyone is even on the train with him. He easily frustrates anyone and everyone around him because people may be reading, or trying to relax on there way to wherever they are going. However this person never bothers me but rather makes me smile and even laugh a little every time. They always have so much to say that I feel bad because maybe they don't have anyone to talk to. They could be a "crazy whacko" but who isn't in their own way? And if they happen to actually direct their conversation at me, i will gladly go along with it until my stop comes, no matter what else I would rather being doing. Anyways, moving on. Hi everyone... Rachel here. It's been forever since I've written on here. Jo is just so far in the spotlight I couldn't interrupt her grove =) However, today I felt since she is off at her first training shift and I am here alone all night, why not blog? Since being alone is one of my least favorite things, for a whole bunch of reasons, at least writing for a bit I won't be so lonely. First things first. Sam (meaning Sam one of the regulars at Boa)... if for any reason you actually have checked out the blog I have to tell you something! I have no other way to get ahold of you. On my last shift at Boa my friend and very loyal customer Sam came in and sat on the back patio. After a little while he gave me a very nice compliment on the shirt that I happen to be wearing and for some reason it really stuck with me. So much so that it gave me such confidence that I wore that same shirt to my interview yesterday. And to my pleasant surprise, i landed the job =) or at least start training on Friday!! So I owe Sam a thank you. Thanks for giving me the boost to go get the job without even knowing you were doing it =) Sometimes a little thing can go a longgg way! I miss Denver the most right now. It's easier to not miss NYC as much up here because they have so many similarities. And as always I miss the b-lo. But Boston seems pretty cool so far. I'm training at a place downtown tomorrow night. Similar to the places down near wall street and the area is very similar too. Then on friday I train at a place called South End Buttery. It's a cafe by day and neighborhood-feel restaurant by night. I'll only have to work at night which is cool so if I can do both jobs that would be ideal. Roll in the dough!! I have felt very eager lately to go back to school, or at least learn something. Really i just want to go "back to school" shopping haha. So if I find something cool to learn about it... i'll let ya know =) Oh... great to see familiar faces this weekend and today. My friend from home Caitlin and her new fiance Jim came Saturday and it was a blast. And Sunday it was really great to hang out with family. My uncle Dave, aunt Jess and three cousins came in. Then today we got to spend time with Cassie and Joe who are recently married!! All great things. I'll try and put some pics and videos up. It's so much easier on facebook but if you can't get to facebook then I should try harder to put them up! Hope everyone is having a good week so far. Thanks for reading =)
xoxo,
Rach

No comments:

Post a Comment