Wednesday, September 08, 2010

publick announcement

A few things this morning... 1. A Restaurant Review: We went to a beer pub last night called "Publick House". They're beer selection was nothing less than extrememly impressive. It took forever to choose our beers. I've only ever seen one other beer menu this complete and once I remember what that place in NYC is called, I'll let you know. Joshua, do you remember? We ordered mussels which were underseasoned and there were frankly just too many of them. We ordered the smaller appetizer version and I seriously think the cap on how many mussels one can fish in a season has just i been lowered because of our appetizer. It was a total waste of food and an unnessesary portion. I couldn't help but wonder why the chef was ok with giving away so many mussels at such a low price point. You should always wonder about large portions of cheap seafood. Seafood is expensive for restaurants to serve. They obviously make that money back on salt and pepper since they used virtually none on the dish. Our entrees came while we were still eating the mussels, which I was grateful for because if they had waited till we were done it would have added an hour to our meal. I ordered the short rib and Rach got Fish and Chips. There was some sort of spice I couldn't pin point on the short rib that I didn't really like and it was totally overcooked. Probably because it sat in the window while Rachel and I tried to make a dent in the probably 40+ dish of mussels. Rach liked the fish and chips. I don't think I got a good bite because my mouth was coated in whatever spice or herb that was in the short rib. After two and a half beers (we shared the third) we left. The service was very good although I wish she was more helpful with my beer selection. But she was nice and attentive. I'd go back for a beer but not for food. I was going to save this and finish later, but i'll post it now and post again later. going to breakfast with cassie and joe!! -lj

1 comment: