Thursday, June 03, 2010

What do you mean there's more than Denver??

So, in keeping with our mission, tomorrow the little lady and I are off to explore Colorado! Or Colorado Springs at least. As exciting as Denver is, we are aware that we have an entire state to explore and only two more months to do it. We've booked a cute little bed and breakfast (our first as a couple...adorable) and I have a secret little adventure surprise that I'm working on. I have to make a phone call in the morning and book this "event". Please keep your fingers crossed for me cause mannnn am I gonna get points for this! I promise that when I disclose this information after the surprise has been unveiled to my unsuspecting partner, you're first reaction, no matter who you are, is going to be "oooooo!!" That reminds me... I should probably have a backup planned... but i totally think its gonna work! We will see. We're only going to Colorado Springs for one night. We wanted jobs for so long and now we have them and they're just getting in our way. Just like our last jobs! But...our jobs are funding this mini-vacation, so I guess we'll have to tolerate them. Speaking of jobs.... man is Rachel's job GREAT! I am so so so happy for her. Her boss' see her as gods gift to serving (which honestly...she is), she immediately has the best shifts in the restaurant, and her boss's are to really really cool lesbians! No reason to be jealous of Stella....the tables have turned! But it's amazing to know she's working somewhere she's really appreciated. When your THAT good at your job and THAT good looking...you're rarely appreciated enough. And I'm so happy that she has managers/owners that really appreciate her and that they're doing it already. My job is still going good. My owners chubby little blonde son came in today. He tapped me on the shoulder to ask me if I was a boy or a girl. I asked him what he thought. He guessed right so I didn't "accidentally" drop hot pesto rigate on his cute. little, chubby, blonde head. I later learned that people commonly get the sex of him wrong as well. I can see why. Him and his sister have the same hair cut. His sister shared candy with me. I've decided I like her better. I made $92 dollars today. Not bad. Rachel is at work, I'll go get her in about an hour. I tried to make myself hot dogs on the grill tonight. I've lit this grill before, its very similar to the one I grew up with. Tonight it failed to light after I pushed the "ignite" button. I am not the most patient person, especially when I'm hungry. I pushed it angrily three more times. Sensing my hostility towards it, the grill proceeded to throw a ball of flame at my face. At my face. Not right above grill, not next to it, not under it. At my face. I saw a bright flash, felt intense head and inhaled the smell of burnt hair. I've escaped with no burns, only lightly highlighted tips on my eye lashes and a few less "phos" to my "pho hawk". Needless to say, tonight for dinner, I had hot dogs cooked in a pan. Alright, "So you think you can dance" is on. gotta go! -lj

1 comment:

  1. I want you girls to know that I am very proud for what you are doing! You are following a dream, that most people say they want to doing then don't do it out of fear. But you guys are two carefree people. The experience you have done and will continue is probably what a lot of people dream about. I say all the more power to you both. I am a mother so I say be careful and live it up.

    ReplyDelete