Saturday, October 16, 2010

go back to sleep little buggy

So when I got up this morning I came over to the computer and checked my email. There was an email in my inbox from Massify.com, a website actors and people in the industry put up profiles of themselves. I haven't thought about mine in months and months and practically forgot I had it. This email was from someone I don't know working on a movie that I know nothing about but she thinks I'd be "excellent for the role". I hate it when these kind of things happen. I'm totally happy doing what I'm doing and am almost comfortable telling myself I can send out headshots once in a while while I am in nurshing school (isn't repeating words weird?) and if something happens, it happens. But when you get emails like that, that little surge of excitement is just a reminder that there's a big part of you that has to lay dormant right now in order to accomplish something else you want to do. The audition was in New York and it was yesterday anyway, but I'm annoyed that the e-mail stirred up that little acting bug in me that I try to keep still. One day I'll go to another audition and it gives me something in the future to look forward to. I like playing adventurer for now. -lj

No comments:

Post a Comment