Friday, June 18, 2010

worst girlfriend ever

So I know I'm supposed to tell you all about Tuesday. We went canoeing, to dinner at Joe's Crab Shack (it was really good!), and then went to Film on the Rocks and saw the Princess Bride in an ampitheater carved into a mountain with 10,000 other people. All very very fun and magical. And how do I pay back my girlfriend? By forcing her to play catch with me today. Even though I know she hates it and is scared of the ball sometimes. I made her play. The wind was too strong for frisbee so I made her play catch with the football. And what do you think happened? She jammed her finger after I threw it, probably, too hard. Her poor little thumb started swelling immediately. And she was so brave! She didn't cry or anything, she just held it and told me she heard it break. I sat her down and told her to hold my water canteen on it which was still a little cold. I rode my bike as fast as I could home and got the car and went back to the park to get her. We looked up an urgent care and took poor Rachie and her hippo thumb to get an x ray. It's not broken, just badly sprained but she's in so much pain and has to take a few days off work, which if you know Rach, is a BIG deal. She has the strongest work ethic of anyone I know and taking off work for an injury is NOT high on her list of things to do. My poor baby. Send your loving wishes. -lj

No comments:

Post a Comment