Friday, May 14, 2010

rocky mountain high

So I think at this point I've already proved the idea that nothing turns out the way you thought. I thought I would blog everyday. I apologize to the 4.2 people who probably follow the blog and are disappointed when they check for an update every morning. More specifically....mom..i'm sorry. I will try harder. I truly will. The road trip was a success. Which was even more impressive than the amount of miles we drove, our gas estimate in dollar amounts was off by only a dollar. I think this is quite impressive and think this sort of accuracy should land me a job working with the government. Jokes and secret desires aside, the road trip really was quite fun. It was an important lesson to be shown to us right in the beginning. Although the cities may be the topics in our travel book and our destinations may be points set out on maps... the richness of our experience will live in the people that we share our adventures with. Spending a day with Joni reminded me of how important you can be in your community and of how important civil service is. Spending time with Emily reminded me that i can accomplish anything. And that the bonds between myself and these two girls can never be broken. I learned that seeing Dang in Chicago was the absolute best part of being in one of the most famous cities in the country. The experience is going to be primarily people based. Although, there WILL be several nature based experiences for SURE I am very much looked forward to hiking with julie on sunday. I am very very much loving our new dog BO. He his my new friend and he understands the importance of taking time out of a busy day and playing games . I have recently bought a yoyo to keep me busy, I will know trip by the end of the summer no job yet, so hard to walk around the streets with resumes when its rain/snowing. it makes you look and feel pathetic. i sense jobs coming though.....we'll get em. oh yes. for now it is organizing, the gym, playing with the dog and loving each other. tonight we rented IRONMNAN..i have very excited to see the second one possibly tomorrow. i have free passes to a movie, and i'm quite excited to see the sequel. we might register for a walk against abuse on the 15th. more about that soon . more abount everything soon, cross my heart. -lj i miss my flip friends

1 comment:

  1. You are adorbs and can def accompsh anything. Haha those abreeves are so dorky. And might take away from the seriousness of my comment...which I don't want it to. Because! You can accomplish anything and I love you and I miss you tons, fave.

    --Emily

    ReplyDelete