Saturday, May 15, 2010

my luck

So in her last post I see that Rachel told you about my ID story. I couldn't beleive I lost it. I mean, I am very used to losing things. I am the most forgetful and losing things prone person I have ever encountered. But less than twenty four hours after recieving my little plastic lisence sized packet full of things including a photo copy of my drivers lisence? C'mon! I really started thinking there was something wrong with me. How could I have forgotten where I had put it! I've been attempting to be more responsible with my things since a realization occured to be in Chicago while I was "high above the influence". (My realization was that I have to present myself with challenges in order to grow). My new challenge was not to lose important things! I was extrememly disappointed in myself as I began to worry more and more that I was failing the challege worse than a chef perparing the mystery ingredient three ways. (my top chef following pals with understand that). Finally I decided to take all the blame off myself and put it onto the universe. It must have fallen out of my pocket. No matter how resonsible you are you cannot defy the laws of nature and suspend the law of gravity and keep your falling belongings in your pockets. So after the gym we decided to swing by the Thai restaurant we had dined at the night before. By the way, the Coconut and Lemongrass soup was superb. Rachel parked infront of the restuarant as I prepared to go in and ask if anything had been found the night before. As I approached to the door I had a vision. I lowered my outreached hand away from the front door handle and turned around and walked across the street. There, sticking about two inches out from underneath a cars tire was my little plastic packet. It took a small yank but I was able to get back in the car with a "see? nothing ever happends to me" look on my face. It was a priceless moment. Now moving on in a less short story sort of way. We shant be doing the walk in the morning becaues it was cost us 100$ There will absolutely be another cause we give our energy too I promise you all that. Two local businesses have my resume. I printed out and planned to distribute 20, however the downpour ended with me and rachel in our kitchen sauteeing scallops and boiling lobseter tails. After dinner came a discussion of how our lifestyle must change until we have moneny coming in. At the store today we bought several cups of chicken ramen. Tomorrow is supposed to rain and is saturday. Ya can't job hunt when its pouring and you shouldn't apply at restaurants on saturdays anyway. America can blame greedy investors for thier economic crisis but I'm going to blame climate change for mine. It's raining...what can i do? Well, ok, fine. Tomorrow I plan to spend many hours completeing corporate online applications for companys such as chipoltle, grocery stores, blockbusters, the usual local corporate stuff. Let's hope that luck of mine holds out. don't judge me. Ohh.. and if no body has seen the youtube video of greyson michael chance singing paparazzi I really suggest you see it. Pictures of the apt will be up soon. Love to you all and to all a goodnight.. LJ

No comments:

Post a Comment