Monday, May 17, 2010

the great outdoors

So today we were finally able to play outside. We've been here almost a week and the weather has been awful the whole time, which is extremely rare for Colorado. The day started with meeting Adam, Rachel's friend from Buffalo who lives here, and Andy, his roommate for brunch at a place called Hi-Lo. We chose this place for brunch because of their super awesome totally cool brunch special which was three for one drinks. Three drinks for the price of one. We ordered the first round and received some very generously high in alcohol drinks that were also very large. Cheers. Denver is fantastic. I opted not to finish mine because I knew there was a fun day in the park ahead and did not want to get sleepy. My comrades however, continued to drink and be merry and all three of them ordered a few more rounds since, hey, it was three for one anyway. Then the bill came. $110. This must be a mistake! we say. After all, it IS three for one drinks and this waitress obviously forgot to push the "brunch drink special" button on her Aloha (restaurant touch screen program) and accidentally charged us $7 for each individual drink. We politely told our forgetful waitress that we were charged too much. Turns out..our bill was correct. The reason our drinks were so generously high in alcohol and very large was because the drink special is very sneakily three IN one. Three drinks....one glass. Our table had actually consumed 27 brunch drinks and were only charged for 9 at $7 a pop. Very very sneaky. Now that I think about it, four people that consume 27 drinks before one in the afternoon deserve to get ripped off, so I guess I'm not that mad. After brunch we went to Washington park where Julie, my americorps life partner, met us and we played frisbee and football all day while lying in the sun with Beau the dog and drinking cold wheat beer from the can. Yet again, I decided to consume only one beer. However there were no beers left when we headed home, so you do the math. After a few hours in the park and some pretty nice tanning time (burning time for Rachel, Adam and Andy), we all went to a nearby place for dinner. I had the BEST beef brisket sandwich. The secret to this sandwich....the mustard. And very beautifully cooked meat. I couldn't finish it though due to me appetite that has been decreased from the altitude. But let me tell ya... it was really really good. More good news today! The first restaurant I gave my resume to, Trattoria Stella, called me today and left a message. I called them back and left a message. Awkward. I'm thinking I might just walk in there tomorrow or call again. I really want to work there. Cute little italian restaurant... and no uniform. Thats the kicker. Totally looks like my kinda place and i felt i should work there that first night we were here and ate there. Wish me luck everyone cause this job would be pretty perfect for me, Alright I think thats all for today. It was a good day. My girlfriend looks great with a tan so for the next week or so I'm sure she'll figure out that she can get me to do anything she wants good health to all my friends and family lj

3 comments:

  1. Welcome sunshine! Sounds like things are getting better.
    Good luck with the job search ladies...........Love, Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know with your great NYC experience you'll soon be employed. Thinking about you guys all the time.
    Luv, Aunt Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahahah sounds like an awesome day miss you gals!!!!

    ReplyDelete