Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thanksgiving

Hi guys... Rach here. I figure I always have to say when it's me because Joanna blogs a lot more than I do. Soooo it's finally here!!!!! "Hell week" as we like to call it... when really this time it seems like Heaven week. Not one arguement... not one discrepency about why, when, where and what to pack... just sitting in between the kitchen and living room smiling as bags are being filled!! I have to admit I will really really miss the friends that I have made it Boston. We all got very close in a short amount of time and I hope to keep in touch with all of them. It does seem however that even if I stayed at my restaurant most of them would be leaving as well. So it's good I am getting out now I guess. I finally told my bosses Sunday that I was leaving. I hesitated to tell them sooner because they are known for letting people go the minute they give their two weeks and I didn't want that to happen. So I gave them one week. The owner, Richard, was sad to hear I was leaving and even offered to hire Joanna so that we would stay haha. Tempting... The chef on the other hand stated, "I'm not surprised. I'm happy for you guys. Get out of here. Boston sucks. I hate this city." Well... that's decided then. As Jo wrote... we have been having a lot of fun the past couple weeks. I'm glad we got to see some of what Boston had to offer. I took my parents to the top of the Prudential building, down to Fanueil Hall, to Clio, and to Cambridge. They had a great time. It's always good for them to get away from their crazy lives. We also got to see some extended family from both sides which was nice. So today I will be heading to the South End Buttery to help package pies. Yes, Joanna is not the only one to always say yes when someone at her restaurant asks for help lol So from noon to probably six I'll be folding boxes and organizing pies for thanksgiving orders. Hopefully I can snag one for poor Jo who I am selfishly leaving tomorrow for two days. Wish we could all be together for the holiday. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! Eat lots of turkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment