Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Office work...

Well... I do love to organize and clean so I guess I had it coming. I have been working almost all day everyday since Sunday for Betty's boyfriend Scott Farmer. So despite my lack of responses from restaurants, (I did only go around for about an hour dropping resumes so it's not like I have that many options haha) I have been doing work for Scott. Everything from vacuuming his house and arranging it so he can move back in to attempting to organize his extremely cluttered office. He had his entire house renovated so it's going to take even more work to get everything back in it now. And the office work is surprisingly a nice change. Everything I like about it are actually the same things I don't like about it. I like not having to be on my feet all day, but miss running around. I like being by myself and getting things done at my own rate, but I miss meeting and talking to people. And I LOVE to organize and clear/clean out... I know it sounds weird but I do enjoy it. I feel accomplished and I feel like I'm really helping him out. He runs his business alone so no wonder his office looks like a tree exploded in it and then a tornado came through after that. I'm getting through it and now I really know what sitting in rush hour traffic to and from work everyday feels like. How silly. You would think that with all the technology out there today that we would have figured out how to fix damn traffic jams. Ah well...at least on the way home I get to stare at the mountains the whole time =) Which can be very dangerous because they are distracting!! But Scott has been a very generous boss thus far and I feel like it's a good learning experience. Still on the hunt for a restaurant because I do love it, but definitely will be helping him out from time to time either way. The one interview I did go on for a place called Mead Street Station went amazing. It's located one block down for Joanna's restaurant and would be perfect!! But they called, twice now actually, and some girl that was supposed to leave decided to stay. But they wanted me to know that they really liked me and that I'm next in line. So at least that keeps me positive =) For now though it's a lot of hours everyday so we can finally put money INTO our bank accounts =) Also, we are very lucky to live with such a great woman. She's our mom away from our mom's if you will. She takes care of us, cooks dinner, hangs out. She is so kind and fun and free-spirited and just a blast. I couldn't have picked a better situation. It feels great to finally feel settled in. My biggest issue... I don't have office clothes haha... it's been all jeans and flats so far. He hasn't said anything so I guess it's fine haha It's not like I'm around anyone anyway. I don't even have one pair of "slacks". What would be another word for that? Funny word. Anyways I'm rambling. Love and miss everyone hope you are all well xoxooxx Love, Rachie

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures!!! Makes me miss living in Denver.
    Jeremy

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're really cute. those mountains may be distracting but you better pay close attention to the road! My whole life is in that car!

    ReplyDelete